Aloo paratha is a popular Indian dish or flatbread stuffed with a delicious potato mixture with spices. Aloo paratha is a good dish for breakfast.
For the Dough
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tbsp ghee
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup cold water Use more as needed
For the Potato Filling
- 1 ½ cup potatoes mashed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds Jeera
- 2 tsp coriander powder dhania
- ½ tsp mango powder amchoor
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp green chili chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped, dhania
To make the dough
Mix flour, salt and ghee and gently add water to form a soft dough, until the ghee has been fully mixed with flour (add water as needed).
Knead well on a slightly ghee applied surface to make the thickness soft and smooth.
Remove and cover the dough. Leave the dough for 10 minutes at least.
Place green chilies, coriander, cumin, garam masala, mango powder and salt in a bowl. Mix thoroughly with boiled and mashed aloo or patato.
- Divide and roll the dough into four equal pieces.
- Divide the ball and form the filling into 4 pieces. Balls of potato should be approximately 11/2 times bigger than balls of dough.
- A 3-inch circle, roll dough ball. In the centre put a filling ball. Pull the edges of the dough around the filling of the potato. Repeat all six balls to make them. Three to four minutes to settle the filled balls.
- In the meantime heat medium-high-heat heavy skillet to fairly hot. Sprinkle the skillet with water to get tested. The skillet is ready when the water sizzles immediately.
- Press the ball slightly from both sides on whole dry wheat flour.
- Roll the balls softly using a rolling pin to create six-inch circles, keeping the balls on top of the attached side. The parathas are dissolved somewhat with dry flour if the dough adheres to the roling pin or rolling surface.
- Place the parachute on the pan and apply ghee on the pan. When the paratha begins to turn and start to blow, turn it over. Some gold-brown spots you may notice.
- Drizzle the paratha with a teaspoon of ghee and distribute it over it in a few of seconds. Turn the paratha again and push with a spatula the bumpy parts softly.
- Flip over and push with spatula to ensure that the paratha on all sides is golden brown. For the rest of the parathas repeat.