5 tsp – tamarind paste
1/2 cup – tomato, slices
5 to 6 – dry chillies
2 tsp – coriander seeds
1 tsp – cumin seeds
½ tsp – black pepper
½ tsp – fenugreek or methi seeds
½ cup – grated coconut
1 tbsp – jaggery
2 tsp – salt
1tsp – coconut oil
1 tbsp – coocnut oil
1 tsp – mustard seeds
1bunch – curry leaves
1/2 cup – coriander leaves
- Tamarind paste can be prepared by soaking tamarind (1tbsp) in hot water for 30 min.
- Now heat 1 ltr water for 10 min and add tomato slices into it.
- In a pan on a low flame, roast coriander seeds, cumin, methi and dry chillies with 1tsp coconut oil.
- Once the aroma starts just off the flame and grind the roasted ingredients with coconut and make it a paste and add this to hot water which is with tomato.
- Let it boil for 20 min on medium flame, then add jaggery and salt to it.
- Seasoning with coconut oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame and close the lid for 10 min.
The aroma is in the roasting, so roast on a low flame.
The flavor will come by garnishing coriander leaves and closing the lid, you can add 1 tsp ghee also.