1. Rice – 1 cup
2. Potato – 1
3. Carrot – 1
4. Green peas – 1/4 cup
5. Beans – 1/4 cup (chopped)
6. Green chillies – 3
7.Cinnamon – 2 inch
9. Cardmom – 3
10. Bay leaf – 3
11.Jeera -2 tbsp
12. Coconut grated – 1/4 cup
13. Salt – 2tbsp
14. Oil – 5tbsp
15. Coriander leaves few
- Wash the vegetables and rice keep it for later use.
- Cut the vegetable into medium size cubes and keep ready.
- Dry roast the jeera,cinnamon,cardmom,cloves and grated coconut ,it can be blend in mixer jar and season with oil and green chillies.
- The other method is add oil in cooker then jeera ,cinnamon ,cloves bay leaf ,slit green chillies,grated coconut. fry until good aroma comes.
- Further add chopped vegetables, salt, and stirr for few minutes.
- When doing pulao with grind masala , it can be directly added to oil with bay leaf and vegetables and stirred for 5 min until the vegetables are fried and the masala coats well then add salt ,washed rice , salt stir for another 3 min and add water 3 /12 cup .
- lastly add chopped coriander leaves .
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles then simple palav is ready.