Turmeric leaves kadubu or Eradye or Patholi or Arishina ele gatti is a jaggery and coconut stuffed steamed dumpling. Because of the turmeric leaves, this dish is incredibly delicious.
1.Rice flour – 1cup
2.Water – 3 cup
3.Ghee – 1 tbsp
4.Salt – 1 tbsp
5.Turmaric leaves – 8
1.Grated coconut – 1 cup
2.Jaggery – 3/4 cup
3.Ghee -2 tbsp
4.cardmom – 2 pods
1.Wash the turmaric leaves and keep ready for covering kadabu.Turmaric leaves adds an unique aroma to kadabu.
- Add grated coconut and jaggery keep stirring ,jaggery starts melting .
- Add ghee and crushed cardmom ,the mixture starts leaving the pan and forms nonsticky lump,the filling is ready.
5.Mix rice flour in water and make thin batter
- Add salt to the batter.
- Take the batter on thick bottom pan switch on flame ,keep stirring.
- The batter starts becoming thick,add ghee then it leaves pan forming a big dough.
- Make small size 8 balls ,flatten it on turmaric leaves so that it forms an oval shape.
- Place 1 tbsp coconut stuff in the center lenghtwise then fold the leave .
- keep the kadabu in steamer
- Steam it for 15-20 min. Banana leaves can be used instead of turmaric laeves.
- Remove the leave add ghee and serve hot.